I came across this project on Pinterest and knew it had to happen. Paper Matrix is an awesome blog chuck full of printables for a Silhouette Cameo that you weave together to make incredible 3D objects. There are a ton of balloon patterns available; I opted for the scalloped version. The weaving takes a little getting used to, but is so worth it. Plus, for the balloons, there is a YouTube video available.
Probably a year ago or so, I came across the lovely Big Herringbone Cowl by The Purl Bee and was intrigued. I wanted to make it but just really didn't feel like knitting. Then, my amazing friend, Abby or LADY from the NORTH, showed up wearing it and I knew I had to make it. I had some yarn in mind from my stash, however it wasn't quite thick enough and I wasn't sure if I had enough so I modified things a bit. Originally, I was planning for it to be a cowl and started out knitting in the round, but the color changes were going in a diagonal and didn't look too great, so I switched to knitting the herringbone stitch back and forth. Then, once I finished, I just liked it better without the ends connected. I added a little linen stitch bow for a touch of femininity. All in all, I quite like the end result.
You may have noticed that a new post hasn't showed up on my blog since last October. Truth be told, I had so much going on that the blog kind of fell by the way side. One of the reasons for this absence was that I was busy making things for the Christmas Beehive Bazaar last December. I thought I would share how it all turned out. (By the by, if you follow me on Instagram, you may recognize some of the items!)
Many of the quiet books out there sew two pages, right sides together, then flip them right side out, which is fine, but I personally like the look of the books over at Orange Crafts, which have bias tape around the edges, so that is precisely how I set up these pages. If you prefer the other method, sew the pages with a 1/2" seam allowance and adjust your measurements for the cover, which will be my next post.
The idea for this adorable little page came from my favorite site for quiet book inspiration, Orange Crafts. The blog author, Katarinka, created a quiet book based on Thumbelina that features a little closet with dresses for Thumbelina. I loved the idea and found a way to make it mine. Honestly, I think I had the most fun making this page! (For a mini version of this page, check out this post.)
A few years ago, I started throwing Halloween parties for my husband's family. I had planned on posting last year's party last year, because it was the day after Halloween. As I was planning this year's party I pulled the decorations from last year and decided to rearrange things a bit. Below on the left is last year's party and the right is a new set up for this year's backdrop.
Back in August, I posted a Babushkas page (Russian nesting dolls). Today's post is the boy version of that page. As far as updates go, just like the pages I have been posting recently, the pictures needed a bit of work, but the construction remains the same.
About a month ago, my daughter and I were video chatting with my sister and she showed us a picture of a girl in a froofy strawberry costume that made my daughter squeal. Of course, it had to happen with a few changes so that the dress could also work as a Christmas dress. Originally, I had planned on writing up a tutorial, however, I hit a few bumps in the road and ended up improvising some of the process, so I will do the next best thing. I combined some tutorials to create the ensemble and I will redirect you to those sites. By the way, I'm guessing that this dress doesn't translate well to a strawberry, but, like I mentioned before, I am planning on using the dress for Christmas too. Perhaps adding a strawberry trick or treat bag will help. Plus, she is 3 and just happy to be in a poufy dress....
I found this page on the blog Made by Molly and saw no reason to change it. I created a new pattern which is posted below, but it looks essentially the same. I did, however, create a bug page that works for boys. Stephanie, my neighbor, did the sewing on that and went with snaps as opposed to buttons. If you would rather do snaps, follow the method used on the cupcake page, posted a few weeks ago.
Some of you may remember last spring when I did my first craft show, the Beehive Bazaar. Since then, I haven't done any more because I wanted to see how the first one went before applying for more and by the time that was over, all of the summer show application deadlines had passed. It turned out to be a great thing because I started volunteering for Craft Lake City, which is an incredible non-profit here in Salt Lake City. Anyway, when I saw that applications were open for the Christmas Beehive Bazaar, I got straight to work putting together some great items to sell. Yesterday, I found out that I was accepted to participate in the second week of the show! I am so excited! I have already gotten some things done, now I just have to organize my life.... we will see how that goes!
Hey there! I'm Kristin, aka Kit. Here is just a peek into my crafting mind. I hope you find something to spur your creativity!
Kit's Crafts Shop