* The template to lay out the page
* Pattern for this page (remember, when printing patterns UNCHECK THE FIT TO PAGE BOX)
* Ribbon for the shirt and for the hair
* Embroidery thread
* Two buttons, one matching the flesh colored felt and another to anchor it from behind
So to start with, cut the head out of flesh colored felt. If it is see through, cut out a second one. Then embroider the face onto the felt. Here is a tutorial for how to embroider onto felt. I used a back stitch to create the face and filled the eyes with a chain stitch in a spiral.
The next thing is to decorate the shirt. If I had to do it over, I might have made a pocket on the shirt for hairties, but I'm not sure that is necessary. Anyway, I created the tuxedo shirt by first doing a basting stitch down the center of the ribbon, then pulling one of the strings to ruffle the ribbon. Then, I pinned and sewed each ribbon, one at a time.
Next you will attach the hair.
* Measure how long you want the hair (over shoot it).
* Then just make it as thick as you like.
* To sew it on, I twisted it a couple times then placed it where I wanted the hair to lie, then sewed it on.
* Then give the girl a trim and add some barrettes (mine are just ribbons sewn on with a button)
* Cut one hand from felt and one from the reinforcement material
* Sew the cut hands to another piece of felt
* Install an eyelet in the lower middle of the palm
* Attach the hand to the page by sewing the two buttons together through the eyelet