Last Christmas, a woman that my mother-in-law visits gave her a bunch of kitchen towels that were embellished with embroidery and crochet motifs. These were then passed around to all of the daughters. When I saw the intricate work that had been done I knew I couldn't use them as just a towel, so I decided to make a dress featuring at least one of them. To make things easy on myself, I bought a pattern Butterick pattern on sale. I made this dress a couple months ago and thought I had taken progress pictures, but I can't find them, so, if I do, I will post them.
The only adjustments I made to the pattern was to add sleeves, a sash and of course the decorative towel. To add in the towel, I just cut out the front of the top, then I placed the towel over the cut out piece towel where I wanted the towel to lie and pinned the two together. Then I cut the towel following the outline of the cut piece and basted the two together. I followed the rest of the directions in the pattern, but for the sleeves, I used a tutorial by Shwin & Shwin.
Hey there! I'm Kristin, aka Kit. Here is just a peek into my crafting mind. I hope you find something to spur your creativity!
Kit's Crafts Shop