* Fabric (remember to pre-wash all fabrics)
* Felt for the face and hand
* Steam a Seam
* The template to lay out the page cut from card stock
* Pattern for this page (remember, when printing patterns UNCHECK THE FIT TO PAGE BOX)
* Ribbon for the shirt and for the hair
* Two buttons, one matching the flesh colored felt and another to anchor the hand from behind
* Eyelet/eyelet installation tools
* 9"x9" of reinforcement
Cut the head out from the felt and the steam a seam. Place the felt head on the page and if you can see through it, cut another head from the felt. Embroider the face onto the felt. Here is a tutorial for how to embroider onto felt. I used a back stitch to create the face and filled the eyes with a chain stitch in a spiral.
Next, cut the shirt from fabric and steam a seam. Using the template, position the head and the shirt, then iron in place. Decorate the shirt however you like. I created the tuxedo shirt by first doing a basting stitch down the center of the ribbon, then pulling one of the strings to ruffle the ribbon. Then, I pinned and sewed each ribbon, one at a time. Once you are done decorating, satin stitch first the head, then the shirt to attach to the page.
Cut the arm from the fabric and the steam a seam. Position and satin stitch into place.
Finish up by attaching a 1 1/2" binding.
For more pages and some tips visit my Quiet Book page.