* Fabric (remember to pre-wash all fabrics)
* Felt for the letters on the page and the backs of the loose letters
* 7" zipper
* Steam a Seam
* 9"x9" of reinforcement and some for the medium and small
* Pattern, remember to UNCHECK the fit to page box
1. Start by cutting your letters. You will need 2 felt letters, 1 fabric letter and 2 Steam a Seam letters.
2. Using a cardstock template, place your letters on the page, then iron onto page and satin stitch around the edges of each letter.
3. Cut a small portion of the velcro to fit on each letter and sew the soft side to the letter on the page.
4. Iron the fabric letter to the remaining felt letter and satin stitch around any holes on the inside of the letters.
5. Sew the rough part of the velcro to some felt then satin stitch the fabric/felt letter to the felt positioned on the opposite side of the velcro.
7. Using the card stock template again, place the pocket on the page and position the zipper so that the opening is about 1/2" from the border and pin to pocket top.
8. Sew as close to the edge of the fold as possible.
9. Do steps 7 and 8 for the bottom of the pocket.